Sunday, April 29, 2007

Budapest, Here I Come!

I started off the week still in Virginia but I needed a little pick-me-upper to get me through the week. I missed Glenn so much that I just had to go get something to bring me out of my depression!



And the Krispy Kreme sugar high did it!



During the conference for education consultants, I found out that some of the ladies from other parts of the world have Krispy Kremes where they live! Anyone want to open one here in Budapest????



This is Marlene. She works at the International Learning Center in the preschool department. Marlene and I share a mutual friend, Kim Harris, who is from my church (West Cobb Baptist) in Marietta. Marlene was attending the conference also, and as we got to talking, it turns out that she was in Poland at our AGM in early April as a volunteer in the children's department this year and last year but our paths never crossed! Small world, isn't it?



We took a night off from eating the cafeteria food at ILC and were treated to pizza at Bottoms Up! It was good to get off campus and to have some time just to sit and talk. It was also good to eat pizza!


Staff, Teachers and Consultants attending the conference
It was a good conference and I learned a lot from the staff and the other consultants as they shared about their work in the other regions. There was sweet fellowship and a time for encouraging one another. By time the conference was over on Friday evening though, I was ready to go home!

Ephesians 5:33

I left ILC on Saturday at noon and arrived at the Budapest airport on Sunday at noon. I was sooooo glad to see Glenn again and to be home!
On the plane trip home, I read the book Love and Respect, which identifies that a wife has one driving need-to feel loved, and a husband-to feel respected. The book (I want you to read it though!) reveals why spouses react negatively to each other, and how they can deal with such conflict quickly, easily and biblically. The Bible very clearly tells us in Ephesians 5:33 what we must do to stop the cycle of defeat. Really, you need to read it! I was convicted that I need to apologize to Glenn and make some changes in the way I act and react to him to be obedient to God's Word.


Snow-capped mountains in Germany


Grape arbor

While I was in Virginia all of our fruit trees lost their blossoms and fruit appeared! We have grapes growing next to the carport, and a peach tree, 2 almond trees and a cherry tree growing in the yard.

Two Almond trees


The cherry tree is loaded!!!

A beautiful peach tree too!

This week will mark the end of our required "official" language study and the beginning of our "real" work. However, we will continue in unofficial language study for a while longer since we still have a lot to learn! Continue to pray for us, please!

3 comments:

Pam D said...

Dear Cile,
First, thank you again for the wonderful, thoughtful gifts for Adam and myself. You are such a good friend!
Second, in looking at the picture of your Bible turned to Ephesians, I know you're emphasizing a different verse, but Adam's Bible verse for this next week is Ephesians 6:1a, "Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right." How neat that I can show him you have it underlined in your Bible!
And lastly, I think you already understand the Biblical husband and wife role quite well. In case you don't remember, we met for the first time when I came to tour NCCS. In the course of our discussions, you gave me some VERY good marital advice, laid on you by the Holy Spirit. It stays with me to this day and has made a big impact on my life. I'm sure we can all find things to tweak in our marriages, but I'm betting that Glenn feels very blessed to have the helpmeet that he has in you!
Praying blessings over you for the week...Pam

Senegal Daily said...

Glad to hear you made it back...and yes, I feel secure. :)

Don't you worry. We'll be happy to help you unload those fruit trees!

Unknown said...

I'm glad you had such a good time...and it's so sweet to see how much you missed Glenn. We're grateful to have your marriage as an example....

We miss you and love you,
K & C