Sunday, September 02, 2007

Ugh oh!

Well, I'm back from France and waiting on Glenn to return from the US. I had a great time with Kari and Jonathan, and got in a lot of walking to off-set all the eating I did and all the books I read!


One of my walking partners

Besides just being with Kari and Jonathan, my favorite thing to do is walking. I LOVE to walk, and through the years I have had friends who walked with me, but none last very long. Glenn says I walk them to death. I looked forward to at least an hour walk every day. On Thursday, when Kari was working in the office, Jonathan was good enough to endure a shopping trip to the Yves Rocher store at a mall with me so I could buy a thank you gift for the lady who was holding down the fort for me at the Eden House while I was gone. We decided to walk home instead of taking the bus. It was a really good time for me to listen to Jonathan as we walked.



Thursday evening after Kari got home from work, I talked her into walking with me before dinner. I love walking through her neighborhood and now after my fourth time there, I know my way around pretty good!



But lest you think all I did was walk, I also read two books while I was there, and a third one on the trip home. The weather turned cloudy and cool toward the end of the week, and it was wonderful to bundle up in a beautiful, warm afghan with a great book!



While Jonathan and I were out one day (while Kari was working), he took me to see a Hungarian restaurant that he and Kari found on one of their treks into town. Too bad it was closed. If it was open, I would have gone in and talked Hungarian with them. Yeah, right! I have to admit, when I was in France, it was really nice to be able to understand conversations going on around me! When I returned to Hungary, anytime someone spoke to me in Hungarian, I responded in French! Evidently, my default language is French!!

This picture doesn't do these flowers justice! They were gorgeous! France must spend a bundle on keeping the city beautiful with all the flowers they have planted everywhere!

While Kari was working, Jonathan and I shared the internet access. When I would get on the computer, I would check my work emails (even though I was on vacation, I still had to work) and my aol.com personal emails. When Kari got home at night, we had to split the internet three ways, which would explain why I didn't get many emails written while I was there. I had planned to get all this work done while Kari was at work, but it just didn't happen! So, it really was a vacation!
BUT... when I returned home, there was an incredible layer of dust throughout my house. The landlord had done some work in our basement, hooking up our house to the sewer line that has recently been put in infront of our house. They had to grind through the concrete walls in several places, so all that dust floated up and coated everything with a thick white layer of grit. I spent all day Saturday cleaning!
Things will be pretty slow at the Eden House this week. Only two rooms full. It will be nice to have a slow week so that Glenn and I can get caught up on everything else! Oh, by the way, my camera is not working (actually, it is the memory stick) so pictures may be scarce until I can get my son to mail me out a new one. Oh, I feel so lost without my camera!
Have a good week!

2 comments:

Pam D said...

Ah ha.... I KNEW there was a reason I was procrastinating on sending your package. I have everything (except for the box in which to pack it!). May I get you a memory stick as well? Just tell me what you need and I'll pop one in there; knowing that your blog will be lacking pics til I get "on the stick" (haha) might light a fire under my posterior! And yes, I got you some walking socks.. it sounds as if you may REALLY need them now!
Praying for you nightly (and throughout the day...)
Pam and Adam

Unknown said...

Great post! Who's dog is that???

Miss you - love,
K & C