Sunday, December 07, 2008

Time Flies When You Are Having Fun!!!

Time flew by so fast that I totally forgot to update last Sunday!

We have stayed very busy the whole time we have been in Marietta. So busy, in fact, that I have had to take a day off occasionally just to stay at home and rest up. Twice I've stayed at Pop's house all by myself and either did laundry or a little packing. It was nice, and a good break from the hectic schedule we've kept the whole time we've been home.


I've only had two fountain drinks so far!


My sister, Karin

We drove to Columbia, South Carolina to spend Thanksgiving with my sister's family. Her husband Eric was not able to be with us due to the unfortunate death of his mother a few days before. We missed seeing him very much.


Corrie and Morgan-two beautiful nieces!

Karin and Eric moved into a new house last January that they built on Lake Murray so we finally got to see it. It was an awesome house with all the nice amenities. I won't describe it since words won't do it justice. Just believe me that it is gorgeous!


Our Thanksgiving crew


Sitting on the back porch, watching the sun go down


Gorgeous view, isn't it?

After Thanksgiving with the Brown side of the family in Columbia, we enjoyed another Thanksgiving with the Borders side in Marietta on Saturday and Sunday.


Beth and Madeline


Kate and Pa with Sarah's little Katherine


Stephen and Beth


Sarah and Chad


Glenn and Darden


Carolyn and Katherine


Jackson


Aunt Beck and her broken ankle


Handsome chap, isn't he?


Queenie and Pa

After Thanksgiving was over, we started visiting with friends in the area, usually getting together over a meal. Needless to say, we've eaten at most of our old favorite places and had to watch out not to gain too much weight! After all the baguettes with butter and chocolate eclairs in France with Kari and Jonathan last month, I've really had to watch the calorie consumption!


Getting together with Beth


Visited our old house on Big Oaks Drive


Visited with my favorite cat, Devon


And our favorite neighbors, Jo and Ed


Met Kerri for lunch at La Parilla


Dinner at the Raders' with Bubba and Tassie too


Dinner at Emogene's with long-time friend, Anne

We've also enjoyed time with Dianne and Al, Ken and Shawna, the folks at TFS that Glenn used to work with, ladies in the WMU at Marietta First Baptist Church, and Jay and Pam. It has been so good to see everyone and get caught up on their news! A few days ago we borrowed Glenn's mom and dad's car and drove to Maryville, Tennessee to spend a few days with Chris and Kate. We miss them so much when we are in Budapest!


Kate works on a project for some friends


Chris and Glenn built basement stairs


Chris collects motorcycles in his basement

Kate flies to Colorado tomorrow for work. Glenn and Chris were scheduled to go backpacking tomorrow in the Smoky Mountains for 2 nights (I was going back to Marietta) but their plans changed so Glenn and I will be staying a couple of extra days in Maryville. Yea! We love helping Chris and Kate with their house projects! I just wish Kate were going to be here with us. We will have to say our good-byes tomorrow since she will not get back from Colorado before we head back to Marietta! So sad.


Glenn cleans up from one project before beginning another

We decorated Chris and Kate's tree and house today but I don't have the pictures uploaded yet. I will try to put them on later this week. It was fun to decorate with them. Glenn and I will decorate our tree in Budapest next week, and will think of the good time we had today! We have had a great time here in the U.S., and only have 4 more days here until we return to Budapest. We thank God for the opportunity to see our families and friends, and for the change in pace we've had. Can't say we've rested, but it has been good for us.

6 comments:

Senegal Daily said...

These pictures are great!! Thanks for updating. I know you've been busy (understatement) so I 'extra' appreciate the time you took to update.

Paul J. said...

How much longer are you in town????

Tee said...

The photo of you at the QT cracked me up, because I've followed you all over Europe and part of Russia and you post the photo at the QT in, I assume, Marietta. LOL! How much was the gasoline? Today it was $1.53 at the QT in Stockbridge.

Janey said...

What great pictures! I have been waiting for a blog update to know all your travels were safe. I am so glad you get to be with family and shared Thanksgiving with them. It is fun to follow your adventures!
-Janey

Pam D said...

Whew... I was holding my breath as I read, praying that no mention would be made of any stomach bug issues. After we saw you at WCC, I went home and promptly fell ill. So, I'm glad no bugs hitched a ride from me to you during any of our hugs!
Thank you SO much for your incredibly thoughtful gifts; I'll write you a REAL letter to say thanks for each of them. The gift of your friendship and being able to spend a little time with you was the most precious of all. And the bonus was getting to meet Kate; she is simply beautiful. You have achieved every Christian parent's dream; both your children are strong believers with God-blessed marriages to really wonderful spouses. What a blessing, and how much easier it must make it for you to do the work you're doing now.
Wishing you Godspeed on your journey back to Europe, and knowing that everything you are doing is to His glory! And, as always, praying.........
Love, Pam and Adam

kpjordan said...

Cile, I did not realize you and Glenn were back in the states. I'm so delighted you were able to visit family and friends...home. Esp Chris and Kate! The time with family goes way too fast...but is the sweetest!
Have a blessed Christmas!
Penni