Sunday, January 10, 2010

It's been a rough week

Ghost writer Kari here.

Mom asked me to update the blog as she is without computer right now. More on that later... It's been a really rough week for her and my Dad. Earlier this week, they were contacted by their credit card company reporting suspicious activity in Virginia. Apparently their card number was copied during their recent trip to the States and was used in US to buy about $500 worth of goods in Virginia. The good news is that the credit card company will not be charging them for the bills.

Then, on Saturday someone broke into their house in Budapest looking for money. (Mom and Dad are sure the thief was very frustrated and disappointed!) However they stole Mom's computer and her good jewelry. The thief came in through the kitchen window, opened drawers and cabinets in every room of the house, including upstairs, and then left through the downstairs bathroom window. Mom and Dad think they actually interrupted the robbery when they came home.

The good news is that the thief did not make as big a mess as he could have, and he did not break things intentionally or vandalise. He even gently moved her Begonia plant in a ceramic pot off the bathroom window ledge so as to not break it (yea, right! It was so the noise wouldn't call attention to his departure!)

Mom and Dad are doing okay. She says the worst thing is having lost pictures, emails, work documents... and feeling crippled for the time being.

Please pray for them as they share a computer, shop for a new one for Mom and find a way to get it to Hungary, get back into a regular routine and continue with their work.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

So sad...but praising the Lord that you guys are okay....

I'll be making CD's of pictures for you Cile!

Pam D said...

I am just so sad, but I agree with Kate~ thank you, God,for protecting Cile and Glenn. We will be praying... epecially for the thief and that something that he/she took away will draw them to Jesus.
hugs, Cile...

Wendi Reger said...

Hope police find who it was that robbed them. One feels so violated when something like that happens. Glad no one was harmed.

Ngân Đàm said...

My parents' house was broken into when I was in high school. We were shaken but thankful that no one got hurt. My sister and I came home and found our bedroom all messy (my sister thought our mom was rearranging things :)) -- I hope things will get better soon!

Janey said...

ack, that is so complicated and adds more work and delay in your life. I am so sorry. I hope that you will find normal again quickly!

Barbara Guidetti said...

So sorry for the credit card and theft, Thank God you are ok. I have several of your pictures from Israel, I'll put them on a disc for you if no one else has them. Remember, God is still in control; I too pray for the thief and for God's will to be done!

Tina @ Girl Meets Globe said...

Hi Cile! I just found your blog through Kari's, I never noticed it before! =P I'm SO sorry to hear about the credit card activity AND a break in! So awful and I'm so sorry!!
We've got some volunteers coming to Prague next month. Need them to bring you a computer??

Tina B in Prague