Sunday, November 20, 2011

What a weak, I mean week!

I have always had a secret desire to take a week off and just hang around the house, watch a lot of movies, read as many books as I can, piddle on a few projects (I heard you laugh, Kari!), and basically see if I could ever come to a point of boredom. Of course, we'd rather spend our vacations with our families so I've never taken THAT week off, but when we got back from Turkey, I fell sick and had to take THIS week off!




While I was on the couch all week I couldn't take care of company we had from America. Erin was a former Journeyman with us here in Europe who, after she finished her two year term, went home and married her college sweetheart, Brad. They work for a university in America and were here in Budapest for the college fair at our local Christian school so stayed with us for 4 days.

But unfortunately, I didn't feel up to watching a bunch of movies, read or work on any projects. I'll have to save that for another week I guess.




After being housebound for 5 days, I was about to go crazy so Glenn took me to a movie. I didn't have a lot of energy so it was a perfect outing. When we got there, we found that the movie theatre has been sold to another company who had UPSIZED everything, including the price! The drinks and popcorn used to be reasonable sizes and reasonable prices but now they are as outrageous as in America!

By the way, this was the first movie we've seen in a theatre since we returned from our stateside assignment.




On the way home we stopped by Tesco to pick up some milk and I found a new product! English muffins! It seems that more and more "American" products are finding their way to Hungary! Wonder how many more years until Pop-tarts show up on our shelves???

We were supposed to leave for 10 days in Ukraine this past Friday but obviously we had to cancel. Hmmmm, what will I do with those 10 extra days???? Check here next week to find out!


2 comments:

Kate Borders said...

Hope you feel better soon and hope you have a restful and productive 10 days as you get ready for your trip here. Less than one month until we see you...hurray!!!
Love,
Kate

Senegal Daily said...

That picture of you with the HUGE drinks and popcorn is awesome :)

Heal well and get some rest.

Love, K