Sunday, January 20, 2013

Since a couple of days before Christmas, we've had quite a few snow days.  In fact, we've probably had more already than we usually get in a typical winter, but this past week we got a snow fall like I've never seen before!



This photo won't do it justice, but the flakes were the size of a quarter for about an hour, thickly falling straight down.  Before it started snowing, the street was totally clear, so you can see how quickly the snow covered the ground!  We got 3-4 inches and because it has been so cold, it has stuck around.



This is the hill in the local park next to Danube International Church, which is where we go.  It was fun watching (from within our toasty warm car) the children climbing up the hill and sledding down it.   



I'm not a big face booker but I've read a lot of people's comments about the new movie, Les Miserables, so I mentioned to Glenn that I'd like to go.  Sweet, thoughtful man that he is, the next thing I know is he has reserved tickets online for us (yes, that's what you do here).  If I'm not mistaken, this is the first movie we have gone to here in Hungary since we returned from our stateside assignment 2 years ago.   (If I am completely honest, it's because we spent a ton of money on DVD's while in the U.S., and couldn't justify going to the movies until we'd seen what we'd bought.  Haven't seen them all yet, but Glenn likes to spoil me rotten.  That, and we both have cabin fever from it snowing so much lately!



Two weeks ago I posted this picture of Alec "reorganizing" our medicine drawer.    Well, Glenn's case of cabin fever must be worse than I thought.



He spent the afternoon going through the drawer, throwing out old medicines, combining bottles, and reorganizing them so that they fit better.  



This morning after church Glenn spotted something that made our hopes ZING to new heights!  Glenn saw a couple of boxes of Krispy Kreme doughnuts on one of the chairs!  Sadly, K.K. hasn't moved to Budapest, but instead, one of the families had flown back last night from the U.S. via the London airport where there is a K.K., and they had bought a couple of dozen for special friends of theirs here in town.  (We weren't one of them, but this young man was, and he allowed me to take his picture for my blog.)  :-)

It's not snowing at the moment but the ground is still covered and it's freezing out there.  Fortunately, we've got a couple of things on our calendar for this week so I don't think cabin fever will get us down again.  If it does, maybe Glenn can reorganize my kitchen drawers!

Have a great week!

2 comments:

Mrank said...

You'll be happy to know you can have Krispy Kreme when you visit Istanbul.

Senegal Daily said...

Um, let's go to Istanbul!! :)

That snow looks crazy! We've been having unusually heavy dew each morning that's knocked down the dust, so it's beautiful and cool. Perfect weather.