Sunday, August 05, 2007

Random Pictures of a Normal Week

Nothing out of the ordinary happened this week, really. (If you are a faithful blogstalker of ours, you will recognize those words as having preceeded when I confessed to having hit rock bottom a couple of weeks ago. For those who have been praying for me-thank you! I am back out of the pit and am doing well again, but keep those prayers lifted for me anyway!)


View from our balacony


Need anything more than a bag of popcorn, soda pop and a video?

Yes! And that would be cooler weather, which we got on Monday. Darrin was out of town so Kesha came over to relax and watch a movie with us. It was WONDERFUL to wrap up in a blanket and get all snuggly with the one I love (who is also willing to rub my feet!)



It got so cold that I wore a turtleneck the next day and drank hot tea. It's got to be COLD for me to drink HOT tea. Bleeeeck! I am trying to acquire the taste for hot tea because my daughter-in-law loves it so much (and she is pretty smart-so there must be some good teas out there) and because another missionary painted me a beautiful wooden box in which to store
tea bags. So far, the only way I can drink a cup of hot tea is with a cup of sugar.


Szerdan menu (Wednesday's Special)

Wednesday is cheap date night here at the Campona Mall, down the street from our house. They often have an American movie playing in English with Hungarian subtitles, but the trick is to find a movie that is good. (Same problem in America, as I recall!) On Wednesdays the cost of a movie drops to about $5 and a bag of popcorn and medium Coke are about $2.50(we have to remember to ask for jegkockak if we want it with ice cubes.)

This Wednesday we went to see Ocean's Thirteen and they had a different special: For 1,90o forint (about $10.25) we got video copies of Ocean's Eleven and Ocean's Twelve, plus the bag of popcorn and medium Coke. Not bad, eh? Glenn and I have seen more movies at the theatre in the past 6 months than we ususually see in 2 years!



Now that the weather is cooling off a little, we are getting out and doing some more walking just for pleasure. We found this beautiful, quaint street in OUR neighborhood. As we walked down this one street, I felt like I was back in time!



I also made my first attempt at Hungarian Goulash, which they actually call Goulash Soup, or Gulyasleves. It was "okay", but not great, so I will have to work on it. I followed a recipe that I found in my Hungarian cookbook, but it didn't have as much flavor as the ones we've eaten in restaurants here. I will have the recipe perfected before I see Karin, Eric, Morgan and Corrie Heinzelmann at Christmas, since it was one of their favorite things to eat when they were here visiting us two weeks ago!
Most of this past week we spent getting the Eden House ready for all the folks coming in this coming week. On Monday night, 7 of the 8 rooms will be full. That means this week I will be washing sheets so they will be clean and ready for the next guests!


We love Saturdays. That is the day we can do yardwork, clean the house and run errands. Fortunately, it only takes Glenn about 15-20 minutes max to cut the grass. It takes me 2 hours to clean the house and do laundry if I do just the basics; 3 hours if company is coming. When I start grumbling to myself about how small my house is here, God points out that it is big enough to meet my needs, and then He quickly reminds me that it only takes me 2 hours to clean it!!

Praise the Lord with us! There is now another couple praying about coming to manage the guest house! They are currently at ILC in Virginia at a conference where they are learning about all the needs around the world, and are beginning to zero-in on a couple of them, ours being one of them. Pray that God will lead them our direction and that they will be obedient IF this couple is the one God has for this position. It is such an important ministry and needs a couple who have the spiritual gifts of service and hospitality; otherwise, it will wear them out. If they come, they would not get here until January or February.
I'm currently reading a book by Carol Kent called When I Lay My Isaac Down. It's about sacrifices and how willing would we be to sacrifice the hopes and dreams we have for our own life or our dreams for the lives of our children. Really tough reading. I encourage you to read it.
Have a good week!

7 comments:

Senegal Daily said...

Hi Mom!

Thanks for the weekly update. III checked about an hour ago, but we knew you'd come through. :)

1. Hold on to that book for me. Sounds good.

2. The trick is to put a little milk in your tea. I like English Breakfast tea with about 1-2 Tbsp milk and a little sugar.

3. We'll praying for that couple at ILC, or whatever else GOD has planned.

4. I love you!

- K

Stephen and Beth Borders said...

LOVE the picture from your balcony! Hope you have a GREAT week!!

Peggy said...

I'm with you on the tea...not so much my thing either. Let me know if you find something you like, and I'll try it!

Pam D said...

Cile, I've grown to love hot tea lately (and more so during cooler weather). My favorite right now is Lipton's Black Pearl; it's a long leaf black tea in a pyramid teabag. They also have a caramel (flavored) tea in the same type of bag; it is really good with cream and sugar. I like it in place of dessert. I'll have to send you some of each.
I really love the balcony sunset picture, as well as the sightseeing one. And I'm especially happy to hear that your spirits are rebounding, AND that God may be ready to provide help with Eden House. Finally, I'll be looking for that book; it sounds like it may be good for me, as well as for some other folks in my life.
We pray for you daily... with love.. Pam and Adam

Pam D said...

P.S. How current is your wish list? At the bottom you have a note that says your sister brought everything; do you still need what is on the list?

Jim and Lynne Curtis said...

Cile and Glenn,
We're the couple who called you from ILC. We believe God is leading us in a plan that is bigger than our own making and if it is indeed in His will, we would love to come and serve at Eden House! I wrote you a note on your AOL account and look forward to hearing from you. We are excited about the possibility of this ministry opportunity and are anxiously awaiting the end of the month when the decision will be made.
Blessings to you both,
Lynne and Jim Curtis

Marc and Charity said...

Yep, milk and a bit of sugar for your tea! If you ever make it to the UK I'll make you a proper cuppa. :)