Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Bass and Brown with Borders in Budapest!

Well, I don't usually update my blog during the week, but things are pretty slow around the Eden House and our house, so I have time to show you some pictures from my Dad and Emogene's trip to visit us.


Pop and Emogene arrived safely on Monday afternoon


A suitcase of Americana for Glenn and me!


Glenn takes them on a tour of the yard before dinner


Csirke Paprikas

For their first meal in Hungary, I fixed a Hungarian dish called Paprika Chicken that I learned from our daughter, Kari. It is delicious, and even better when you eat the left-overs the next day!


On Tuesday afternoon, I showed them the Eden House and then we went into downtown Budapest to take a boat ride down the Danube River.



This boat ride is great! They give us earphones to hear in our native language a pre-recorded description of the city, its' rich history and interesting tidbits as we travel north and south on a one hour river ride.



Then we drove up to the top of Castle Hill to see the night lights of the city. The view is absolutely gorgeous!



We're having a great time with Pop and Emogene and are enjoying getting caught up on family and friends news. Not sure what we are going to do tomorrow, but it will be fun! Today we took the car into town, so maybe tomorrow we'll hop on public transportation just for the experience of it. If the weather is nice, we might go to City Park and people watch!
The timing of their trip has been perfect! We have had people in the Eden House every night but two nights since we started overseeing it in July, and all of a sudden, there is no one in it for two weeks! I guess God cleared the calendar! Their trip fell right in the middle of the two weeks, so we don't have to worry about not having time with Pop and Emogene!

Well, better go. We are all watching Monk before retiring for the night. A friend left us a DVD copy of 6 shows at the Eden House for us to enjoy, so we are! More photo's on Sunday, if not before! Have a good week!

3 comments:

Senegal Daily said...

Thansk fro the mid-week update!! I'm glad Pop and Emogene made it safely and y'all are having fun - but it really makes me wish we were there!

Unknown said...

So fun to see their smiling faces right next to yours!! I echo Kari's thanks for the mid-week update - so good to know they arrived safely and you all are having a good time!!
I also echo Kari in that it makes us wish we were there...

Love you all,
K & C

Marc and Charity said...

You two get more American food goodies than anyone else I know overseas! :)