Sunday, February 10, 2008

Finally, a slow week!

It appears I have been named the Hungarian Goulash Soup (Gulyasleves) maker among our missionaries here in Budapest and with that distinction comes the "privilege"of fixing it every time there is a get-together. (Please don't get me wrong-I love making it and am honored that folks like mine better than at For Sale Pub in town!)



So Glenn and I took Thursday off (well, the afternoon anyway) and went into town to find the largest pot we could find because mine are too small for making enough for large crowds.



We found this one that is 20 liters (a little more than 20 quarts). I have it next to my crock pot from America to give you an idea of the size. It killed me to buya new pot because I had a really nice, huge one in America that I either gave away or is in storage! I don't know what they cost in America, but it was $70 here! I will be making Hungarian Goulash Soup for the IMB Trustees when they come to town at the end of April so I had to get one! Hey, do you think I can turn in the receipt and let Lottie pay for it? Hmmm, I guess not.



Things at the Eden House are relatively quiet this week so I was able to actually sit down and visit with several of the ladies staying there! This is my most favorite thing to do at the Eden House! (When I saw this picture, I couldn't believe how much I look like my mother!! Does anyone else see the resemblance?)



This picture is for Robin S. at West Cobb Baptist Church there in Marietta. We saw one of these scissor lifts in Prague and thought of him.

Hope you have a great week!

2 comments:

Senegal Daily said...

1. I love the reflections of you taking the picture in the large pot. :)

2. I made goulash tonight for the first time! Not that big of a pot though...

3. I don't see any resemblance to Pooh in that picture. Maybe someone else will, but I don't see it.

Have a good week!

Pam D said...

Hmm.. I don't remember seeing a big pot in the garage sale. Maybe it's in storage. If so, then with this new one you're on your way to opening a Hungarian restaurant when you move back to the States! Sounds like you'll certainly have enough experience preparing food for large crowds.... :<)
Still praying...
Pam and Adam