Monday, January 05, 2009

Computer Konks Out!

Saturday I was sick, and didn't check my emails. Sunday, because I was still sick, I turned on my computer to listen to a sermon from West Cobb Church, but all I got was a full page of computer jargon, most of which sounded like Greek to me. It appears that my computer thought that the last one on the computer Friday night didn't turn it off correctly (I've been turning it off the same way for the past two years!) and that I might have lost some important data.

Well, after following all the prompts, NONE of which did anything, I realized my computer was on the blitz. Fried? Crashed? Akkkk! I don't have a lot of stuff on my computer that is important to the company I work for, but I have TONS of stuff that is important to me, like pictures, and addresses for everyone I know, and emails from all my friends (10 people?)

I did not panic. I did pray though! (I found in Habakkuk 3 where it says something like, "Though the computer crashes and there are no pictures of my kids, and though the emails can't come and go, and all my handy references are lost forever, yet, I will rejoice in the Lord. I will be joyful in God my Savior.") And then I took it down the street to a co-workers house who is a computer guru and begged him to look at it. I owe Robert BIG time! Like free babysitting of his two boys for a weekend! He was able to lay his talented hands on it and fix it! Amen!

I am so thankful that God calls all kinds of workers to the harvest, and that each one of us brings different gifts and talents to the field that we can share with each other. I am so grateful that Robert was willing to spend time on my computer; time that he probably would rather have spent doing something else.

Anyway, my computer is now up and running, but so am I, so I will update either later tonight or tomorrow.

2 comments:

Pam D said...

Amen! I think I'll go check Habbakuk 3 for that reference... although I think it may be buried somewhere in the fourth chapter...! I'm so glad you got it fixed; what would I do without your blog updates?

Senegal Daily said...

Yay! We prayed for it too...even more after Dad mentioned the stress it would add if you two had to share the same computer! We are very, very happy to hear it's fixed. (Thank you, Robert.)

And happy to hear that you have our smiling photos to look at once more :) :)