Wednesday, December 30, 2009

A few extra pictures

Time flew by last week as we prepared for the Christmas holidays. Things were a little hectic so I asked Kari to cover my blog respnsibilities while I took care of some other things. She does a great job each time I ask her to ghost write for me but I wanted to add a few extra pictures from the past week.




Judit, my language friend, asked me to come by her house as soon as I got back into town because she had something for me for Christmas. You've heard of gingerbread houses? Well, I was tickled pink to receive this nativity scene made out of gingerbread! Such a creative and meaningful gift! I can't wait to talk with her about her choice of gift; it will open a door for us to talk about spiritual matters :).




And this is the nativity scene-up close! Isn't it great?




We have eaten and eaten and eaten since arriving. With 3 ladies who are great cooks and 3 men who are great eaters, we've had lots of wonderful dishes and this has required a lot of trips to the grocery store. However, since we have eaten so much, we've decided to walk some of it off by walking to and from the store instead of driving. It is about 4:30 pm when this picture was taken! Fortunately though, as of December 21, our days started to get longer and dark later. YIPEE!




This is my son Chris and his wife Kate. Great picture of them, isn't it?




This is our daughter Kari and her husband Jonathan. Another great picture, eh?




And the proud parents!




Our family has had a favorite tradition of making and decorating Christmas cookies ever since our kids were tiny tots. We really get into it with all the different kinds of sprinkles, especially Red Hots (my favorite). I have to admit, Chris is the greatest artist when it comes to decorating cookies. He uses tweezers to place the sprinkle in just the exact spot!






Can you believe it? We found this car tag on a car at the church we attended last Sunday! Wild! BTW (by the way...), we took the kids to Danube International Church since their worship service is in English and totally understandable to our non-Hungarian speaking daughter, son, and daughter-in-law. (Our son-in-law speaks a little Hungarian.) It was when we were exiting the building that we saw this car, and just a few spots down from it was a car with a Tennessee tag but I couldn't get my camera focused quickly enough as we drove past it!


We're having a great time, eating too much, walking a lot and laughing a ton! More later!!!


1 comment:

Pam D said...

Cobb County? TOO crazy! And I LOVE that Nativity; she did a beautiful job decorating each piece. Can you re-post that picture right after Thanksgiving next year so I can remember to try that? Oh, wait... you will BE HERE then! Hey... you can help us make one! :<)
{{{hugs}}} from Pam and Adam (who says "we really miss you and we really want you to come back!")