Sunday, July 31, 2011

Double blessings!

This has been a wonderful day! Glenn and I are in New Jersey now, visiting Chris and Kate and our first grandchild, Jazmine Eliza, and we got word this morning of the arrival of our second grandchild, Alec Glenn, born in Dakar, Senegal. We are doubly blessed, for sure!

I have a few photos to show you, but they start out back in Budapest.




The day before our departure, I went to Campona Mall to get my hair cut. While I was riding the escalator up to Klier Salon, I took this picture of a new ride for little kids! The animals are motorized and so move around, but I wasn't close enough to figure out how they are turned.




When we were at the airport to catch our flight to America, we grabbed a bite to eat at Burger King. Because sizes of food and drinks are so small here in Europe, when I was asked if I wanted to "upsize" my drink, I said, "yes, please". I was ASTOUNDED at the size of the Burger King drinks! I don't think they are this big in America!! I was expecting it to go from a small drink (16 oz.) to a medium (22 oz.), but it went to a 38 oz. drink!!!

Our flights from Budapest to London and then on to JFK in New York went without any problems, but the second we touched down in N.Y., our plane skidded to a stop way out on the runway and just sat there for the longest time. The pilot announced that we'd had a "mechanical failure" upon landing. We'd landed in the middle of a terrible thunderstorm, with grayness all around and sheets of rain blocking our visibility. However, I don't think the rain or wind had anything to do with our problem. We ended up having to sit way out on the runway for 30-45 minutes while we waited on the storm to subside and the vehicle to arrive that could tow our plane to the gate.



We spent Saturday just resting and hanging around the house. Glenn and Chris played some Boules in the backyard while I finished the book I'd started on the plane.




We've gone for several walks in the neighborhood. Jazmine loves our walks but she also has a tendency to sleep through most of them!




It's been quite warm here so little Jazmine stays cool by wearing nothing but a diaper most of the time. She's beautiful and I'm enjoying holding her!!!

We're here for another week so more pictures to come. For pictures of little Alec, you can find them on Kari's blog or her Facebook page. :-)

1 comment:

Pam D said...

I love those motorized animals (and did you notice that a dad used his kid as an excuse to ride one? Shameless....lol!) As for drinks, they are that big here, but it's kind of sad that the rest of the world is following suit in "supersizing". Sonic has "Happy Hours" from 2-4 where all of their drinks are half-price; their largest is a 44 ouncer called the "Route 44". Enough for a family of four, if you ask me... ! Now... to the important stuff; I love the pic of you holding sweet Jazmine! She is beautiful, and you are glowing! I can't wait to see the companion pic to this of you holding Alec. So thankful that both babies are healthy and happy and that the mamas are doing well, too. AND the grandparents... :<)