Sunday, January 13, 2008

Short blog this time...

Well, Christmas is over, the Doyles are here, and things are back to normal, whatever that means. Due to the Christmas holidays in the U.S. and all the eating we did, I need to get back into the habit of exercising. Unfortunately, it is too cold, icy or rainy for Kristie and me to walk in the mornings so I've had to switch my exercise program.


Two mile walk in the dining room!

I received a DVD on walkaerobics from a good friend (Thanks Pam! It's been well used!) and have been walking up a storm in my dining room. I am trying to talk a friend into joining me 3 mornings a week to do this walking DVD, but unfortunately, she needs to do it at 6 am. I'm just not sure I can commit to that!



While we were in the States, we had some wonderful folks that covered the Eden House for us. Tena and Paul spent two weeks helping around the place, doing repairs of all kinds. Now Tena is recovering a red chair with brownish gray cordoroy and making pillows to cordinate. When she finishes this, she said she'd make my living room curtains for me! I've lived here a year and I still don't have curtains that go with my couch! Everyone that has been to visit us knows that we have hideous curtains that clash horribly with our fouton (the curtains aren't ugly by themselves, they just look awful with the fouton) so I am really excited about getting new curtains.



Paul has been wonderful too! He has done all kinds of projects... like adding an awning to the front steps of the Eden House, and now he is helping Glenn tear out a wall in the downstairs apartment to enlarge the bedroom for our ISC couple that is arriving in April to manage the guest house. We appreciate their help so much!!

It's still cold and the sun came out today and melted the rest of the snow. Things look gritty, dirty and gray. All the cars are in need of a good wash! But there's good news! The days are now getting longer and before we know it, it will be spring!

Have a good week.

2 comments:

Stephen and Beth Borders said...

Glad to see yall are home safe...we loved visiting with yall!!! It is supposed to snow here on Thursday..you know Marietta snow...maybe a little dusting on the ground...but hey...that will cancel schools!! I hope it pours snow, Mads would love it!!

Unknown said...

It was so great to see you guys over Christmas! Wish had more time together, but, maybe next time (or when we get to come there for a visit....wish, wish, wish). Glad to see things are getting back to "normal." It did snow here on Thursday - the big fluffy kind of flakes. It even stuck to the ground and made our yard white! It was very pretty, but it didn't last. Schools weren't closed and the roads were clear here in Marietta. Owen (our little grandson) got to experience snow falling on his face for the first time!