Monday, May 12, 2008

We're off again!

Early this week I had to go to the dentist because of a toothache I've been babying for over a week. I hate going to the dentists' office because it is always bad news. Last time I went, he said all my fillings needed to be replaced because they were old. Well, he is right that they are old. I got most of them when I was first married, and we've been married 30 years now! However, this particular dentist tells EVERYONE their fillings need to be replaced. I don't know if that is his specialty, or if it is his favorite thing to do, or if it the most lucrative or what, but I'm not letting him replace them until they absolutely have to be replaced. In other words, until they are hurting me!


Moszkva Ter (Moscow Square)

So, I finally gave in, went into downtown Budapest and had the filling replaced. I must admit, thought, that I do prefer the porcelain fillings they use here more than the silver ones in America. They sure look better in the mouth!


Burger King-a treat for me!

Glenn went with me and we stopped for lunch at one of my favorite places-Burger King. I preferred Burger King over all the other hamburger places in Marietta (Sonic was my first choice but we didn't have one out by our house) so I was happy to see them in Budapest. However, we don't have one out near our house, so it is a special treat for me to get a burger. Besides that, I don't have to cook it or wash dishes afterward! (No dishwasher here except by hand.)


Our Sunday morning worship bulletin!

We still attend the local Hungarian Baptist church, which sometimes seems pointless since we cannot understand much of what goes on, but I think it is because it is important to us to have some contact with Hungarians each week in hopes of developing a friendship with someone.

I was tickled this week to see the words GPS-God's Presence System written in English in the Sunday bulletin. You can bet that I paid closer attention to the sermon, listening for him to say those words in English. Ahhhh! Music to my ears! This desire to hear something in my own language is exactly why missionaries doing evangelism learn the heart language of the people. People just love to hear things in their own language, and I am obviously no exception.


Worship in English on Sunday nights at the Eden House

I think we had record crowds at our worship service at the Eden House last night. If I counted everyone, there were 22 people. Several folks were visiting from out of town. We thank God for Robert for leading us in good ol' American hymns and choruses, and for Alvin preaching God's Word. Karen does a great job with the childrens' sermons too! I contribute by bringing the refreshments afterward!


We're off!

Glenn and I are headed out of town in an hour for a work trip and will be back on Friday if all goes as planned. We are taking the train so we will both be able to work on our computers during the trip and maybe get caught up on some reading. I love traveling by train!

Have a good week!

1 comment:

Pam D said...

There's something about that picture of the luggage that just makes me smile! You are always packed and ready to go where God sends you; the rest of us have our luggage stored safely under our beds! There are times when I itch to be where you are-- I can imagine the fun of teaching children in Hungary about God! I know that He puts us where He needs us, as long as we ask for His direction, so for now, I'll live vicariously through your blog and pray, pray, pray for God to bless you richly!