Sunday, July 20, 2008

Not just Vienna sausages! (Borders fam trip, part V)


Shopping at Naschmarkt, Vienna's most popular market. Located near the Wien River it's about 1.5 kilometers long. Now that's my kind of shopping.


"Naschmarkt: where Viennese shrewdness meets bazar mentality."


Lunch at Naschmarkt


Wiener Schnitzel, which is a fried veal cutlet


Bratwurst, sauerkraut and the world's best mustard


Goulash soup with a dumpling...and fried egg


Old meets new


St Stephen's Cathedral


Flowers in front of St Stephen's


Bikes parked at St Stephen's Cathedral


Chris and Kate


Hiding from the rain


Mozart is Vienna. Or maybe Vienna is Mozart. In any case, he is all over the place.


Flowers and music - how romantic!


Statues like these are seemingly everywhere, but that doesn't make them any less impressive or beautiful.


Horribly wind-blown hair, but I still like this one.


Kate and I met this guy in Vienna. Pretty crazy story. I'll let her tell you about it...


I call this one the dunce church. I wanted Jonathan to stand in front of it so I could take a picture with him looking like he had on a dunce's hat. Do you see a photo of him participating in my artistic brilliance? Nope..


Kave break!


Kate and her body guard


More kave. And make this one a dupla.


Lucky for us, THE best ice cream place in Vienna was near our apartment.


A very cool Burger King in downtown Vienna...


...which matched the city's beautiful architecture.


Poop here, pay a fine.

No comments: